Aside from coding and the such, the hardest part was writing the 'About' page. I struggled to find the words to introduce me, and what this place is all about. I scoured other blogs for inspiration, and to procrastinate from writing my own, yet in the end, I just fumbled about, stringing a few sentences together to get the job done.
In, all honesty, it's not perfect or a finished product but, that's life right - it is continually evolving - and so will every part of this blog.
So, when I discovered I had been nominated for a Liebster Award , by Allison at Just Underneath, I figured this would be a great opportunity to indulge my narcissistic side, and write a few facts and answer some questions about moi.
"What's a Liebster Award?", you say; well...
Okay, here goes! :"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers. The rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
11 Random Facts About Sarah:
1. I dislike eating leftovers (with the exception of chinese and pizza...they always taste better the next day) - especially anything that was originally hot but people consume cold (example: last nights chinese and pizza)
2. I was a dancer...a Scottish Highland dancer...and no, it's not the same as Lord of the Dance.
3. I am a homebody, but love to travel, which often leaves me feeling overwhelmingly homesick but doesn't trump the the excitement and joy of exploring new places.
4. I am allergic to bananas, which is difficult when banana bread smells so damn good!
5. on our 'wedding' night
6. I am partial to the 'f' word.
7. If you hadn't already noticed, from the multitude of photos and recipes, I
8. I cry a lot - for all kinds of reasons. Yesterday, for example, I cried whilst watching Ellen just because it makes me so happy! Tonight, I cried when my bread didn't rise. I'm just emotional.
9. My favourite book is Chinese Cinderella. I highly recommend reading it.
10. I performed at Woodford Folk Festival as a mutant human/pig - I wore a prosthetic snout and a chest plate with teats, for 6 hours a night...the other actors would 'suckle' on my nipples and we would throw baked beans at the audience. (oh, the things we do for our art - I swear I wasn't under the influence!)
11. I am annoyingly optimistic - the glass is always half full.
11 Questions By Allison:
1. Have you ever broken the law? Not that I know of... I (& a group of friends) was scolded by an officer for riding a trolley through an alleyway...is that illegal?
2. Have you ever broken a bone? Yes - many - I'm a clutz!
3. Have you ever broken a heart? Yes...not my proudest moment.
4. Where would you go on your dream date? Anywhere, as long as it has a beautiful view and delicious food...and my love!
5. Who`s your dream date? ...Sam* - gushy-gross , I know.
6. Cats or dogs? Well, both. I grew up with dogs, and had never really been around cats...until I rescued Appa. I love them equally!
7. Do you believe in ghosts? To some extent, yes. More so, I believe in spirits.
8. How would you spend a lotto win? I'm assuming this doesn't include the $7 I won when I turned 18. I'd definitely give some to my parents and the in-laws, and without sounding cheesy, a substantial amount would go to charity (we've already discussed this topic- optimistic, right?)
9. What posters were in your childhood bedroom? Growing up in the nineties, I owned copious amounts of Spice Girls, Hanson and Ricky Martin posters and merch. I was insanely in love with Ricky Martin and would sing "She Bangs" for hours on end...much to the amusement of my family.
10. First concert? I can't remember - I've been to so many!
11.Who do you most admire? My late grandfather. He was an incredibly kind and gentle man, with a wicked sense of humour and an insatiable love for potato crisps. He sat by his wife's bed, (as she is immobile due to Alzheimers Disease) every day from morning until dusk, right until his last days. He was deeply in love with her and told so her every day - even as she can no longer speak nor recognise him. He was noble and patient - two traits I am inspired to cultivate for myself, by his example.
*I wouldn't say no to Ryan Gosling, though.
Now, onto my nominations for the Liebster Award, and my questions!
1. What's your favourite season?
2. What do you like most, sweet or savoury foods?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. What are you reading at the moment?
5. Do you have a lucky number?
6. What's your favourite cuisine?
7. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
8. Which do you like, gold or silver?
9. What's your favourite hobby/interest?
10. What's for dinner at your place tonight?
11. Do you have a phobia?
No pressure, ladies! It's all just for fun.
Wow! If you made it this far, I applaud you! Now you know some random things about me, and hopefully feel like you know me a little better!
Hope your weekend is lovely!